Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Slip and slide aka the best invention ever

The weekend started on saturday morning. It is my nephew Trevor's birthday on September 12th and my niece is turning 1 on the 11th so we had their birthday party on Saturday.I can't believe Trevor is turning 8, he was a baby when I got married! Since Nixon is only turning 1 and has no say, we did everything Trevor likes. That means the first stop was the new movie Planes. We were a little late getting there because my mother in law had just run 20 miles that morning in preparation for her marathon. I say I want to run a marathon, but after seeing her after JUST 20 miles( a marathon is 26) I'm thinking that may be a one way ticket to crazy town. 

Anyways, the movie was lots of fun. My dad crashed the party and Alianna loved sitting next to him. I literally had to shush them they were talking so much. Kendall also had a blast because his best friend, my niece Lyza who is only 6 weeks older than him, was there. They corroborated and spent most of the movie out wandering the halls w grandma or getting popa to buy them treats. Good times.

After that we all came out to our house. Funny story, this is probably Trevor's favorite place in the world. It's actually Ar Jay's parents house and Trevor's family lived here for a while. Trevor still refers to it as his house no matter who lives here and always wants to come and just hang out here in the backyard. So I knew we were coming here this week and saw a slip and slide on clearance at target and thought that might be fun for 10 minutes adn heck it was only 3 bucks. Plus I didn't have to set anything up and didn't figure I could screw it up like the infamous water blob

 I was totally wrong. We didn't play for 10 minutes, but for at least an hour. They would have played all day but the grass was flooded and becoming a muddy mess. Best 3 bucks I ever spent. Here are a FEW highlights:

 Trevor the birthday boy

SWWEEETTT!

Nixon the gorgeous birthday girl

Tyson, who claimed he was too big

Kendall didn't get the sliding concept, he just kept running down the slide

Lyza, who also didn't slide just ran thru

Grandma, Lily and Nixon were not impressed

Neither was Bryson

Doubles as an excellent water fountain

Classy Alianna

action shot

Go Kendall, go faster

The oldest three, they are great friends

very concerned why they kept running up and down and falling

courtesy clapping

Trevor with his present, it was a superman robot. Kendall may or may not have tried to keep it.

Nixon with her Minnie Mouse that Alianna picked. She loved it and snuggled it all day

No comments:

Post a Comment