Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Apple Annie's

Saturday was a crazy day. My friend Marquette's baby shower was in Thatcher which is an hour and a half away. My parents and brother wanted to take the kids to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch in Willcox, which is 45 minutes away, but on the way to Thatcher. I, of course had the brilliant plan to multitask and go to the orchard in the morning, then head to Thatcher for the shower. I know my brilliant plans rarely work, but I think this one was a success....as long as you don't take into effect that the adults all looked like Zombies by the end of the day.

We went in 2 cars so the boys( ie dad, Mitch, and Kendall) could come home after the orchard because apparently they didn't want to sit around Thatcher waiting for us at the shower. Can't imagine how that wouldn't be fun for them at Kendall's nap time... Long story short, I got to drive up with just my brother adn the sleeping baby, WINNING!!

We hit teh orchard first adn Kendall immediately started collecting every stick he could find and putting them in with our apples. Or he would pick up all the rotten apples off the ground and chuck them into the bucket with the good ones and yell "SCORE!!" Apperently Kendall does not appreciate having nice non-bruised apples. I think he thought we were lame when we told him that wasn't how it worked. Alianna was a pro and got really good with the picker thing up in the trees. I think the only downside to the orchard was our time constraint. We wanted to get over to the pumpkin patch before the shower. If we had let them, I think those kiddos would have stayed for hours picking the orchard clean.

I;m pretty sure the kids favorite part of the pumpkin patch was riding in the wheelbarrows. We will probably go back during fall break with ArJay to get carving pumpkins and do the corn maze.

Here's a stick mom!

Dirt holes are way better than apple trees


So excited to pick an apple

pure amazement

Uncle Mitch helping out

Pull SOO hard


SCORE!!

She insisted on pulling the cart

Silly Grandpa decided to climb the tree

But the best apples are up here

Yeah that's not going to end badly...

Grandpa being brave enough to get within 10 feet of Kendall and his stick of doom

You can barely see is his but it is pure excitement

Alianna's turn

Total pro like she's been doing it her whole life

Kendall gave up on us when we told him to stop throwing the apples and decided to just sit in the cart and eat them instead

Should have put Bryson in the other hole but he was strapped to me in a carrier

Can they be any cuter???

"Alianna why are you closing your eyes?" "So I can be an apple"

Cheeser!

Such a ham

In the fields

Their favorite part

Yes I''ll take two thanks, do you charge by the pound?


No comments:

Post a Comment