Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My version of the Hospital Survival kit

My really good friend is having a baby. Marquette was in my freshman English class in college with ArJay and ArJay and Cameron are basically in a bro-mance. ArJay nearly cried when they moved away from us just so he could finish school. Lame excuse if you ask me. They have been married as long as we have and this is their first baby or as she says they are "finally joining the cool club".

Needless to say, I really wanted to give her something awesome. Having just birthed a baby myself recently, I thought about all the little things you need at the hospital that a first timer wouldn't think of.  So I made a Hospital Survival Kit. 



Here is the list of explanations I attached with it: 

Hospital Survival Kit
1 Flip Flops: You will be living here for a couple days, so you should probably shower.  But people give birth here, who knows what is on that funk nasty floor.
2 Socks: Most hospitals think the room temperature should be just below freezing.
3 Headbands: your hair will get gross, from labor or because you do not take aforementioned shower because you are too blasted tired from pushing a baby out. Either way, keep it back and looking like you styled it this way on purpose.
4 Chapstick: All that labor breathing makes for chapped lips
5 Games and puzzles: Hospital rooms get boring, especially in the hours waiting to get released home when no family is visiting. Also, if you are freaking out about the new tiny human you are in charge of, it distracts you.
6 Sanitizer: Because when your loved ones come to visit and hold your progeny, you don’t want them smearing the gross outside germs on him.
7 Treats: you just birthed a human, you deserve it.
8 Change: Cameron can go buy his own snacks from the vending machine so you don’t have to share your hard earned chocolate.
9 Size 1 diapers: In case you birth a baby whale and those newborn “diapers” that are smaller than Cameron’s attention span in Hand and foot don’t even last as long as the hospital stay.
10 Car seat blanket/changing pad/ nursing cover: Because you learn real quick that you don’t need some fancy schmancy changing pad for every diaper change. And if you forget the cover, you can grab the blanket instead of a towel to cover up. Plus you can tie it onto the car seat and he can’t kick it off. It’s all about multitasking and outwitting the baby!  


I also made a diaper tractor cake. We love them to death, but they are kinda hicks so when I saw the idea on pinterest, I knew it was meant for them!



The bear is wearing a bib that says " I only cry when ugly people hold me"  I know, I'm so classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment