Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Forget heels, get me new running shoes

If you've ever seen my shoe collection, you'll notice I love a cute and sassy pair of high heels. But with my newest love of running, I think I love some sweet running shoes better. Gasp!

Big 5 sporting goods was having a monster sale for labor day. My dad called me and said there were gel Asics that are regularly $140 on sale for $40. Needless to say I quickly made my way over to the store. Luckily they had one pair left in my size:

ArJay says they look like a rainbow trout outta water, but as the song says "I DON'T CARE, I Love it!"

They also had some boring black ones, but these were calling my name. I was soo excited about my new shoes, I signed up for a bunch of races.

I am running a breast cancer pink ribbon 7k in October with a bunch of ladies from my ward. There is a lady in our ward who has breast cancer so we are doing it in support of her.

Then there is a triathlon/duathlon in casa grande on November 2nd. I'm still trying to decide about that one, as I might drown in the swim leg so I think I will be safe and do the duathlon instead. Again it's with ladies in the ward.

Then there is a Christmas 5k at Arjay's old high school on December 14th. I'm really excited about that one because I also signed up the kids for the kids race. They have to give up time with me( I know, a real sacrifice) while I run and Alianna always asks if she can run with me. This will be fun to be her own race.

These are all in preparation for the big one I signed up for a couple of weeks ago, the Phoenix half marathon on March 1st. It actually has a full marathon that I had visions of grandeur that I would run...until I actually started running again after having Bryson. Now I'm concerned about finishing the half, I've never run that far! Luckily my mother in law ( who is running her second full marathon in a couple of weeks) is running it with me. My father in law, sister in law, and nephew are all running the 10k and I signed up all three of my kiddos for the free kids race so it should truly be a fun family event..as long as I don't die.

Yikes, the more I look at that list, the more I think that it looks like a ticket to crazy town. Good thing my new shoes are comfy, but maybe I should have skipped the races and got new high heels instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment