Thursday, August 8, 2013

Kendall, the protector

So for those of you who don't know, Shark week started this week on Discovery Channel. ArJay LOVES shark week. Don't ask me, I think it's creepy. So Alianna was playing outside during Knedall and Bryson's nap the other day and ArJay had it on and it was showing a snake attack ( ArJay informed me it wasn't actual Shark week but the lead up show about animal attacks.Again beyond me why you'd want to watch something so creepy.) You know where this is going don't you?? Sure enough, Alianna walked in and saw the massive snake. Luckily it wasn't actually attacking anything ( I guess thats a few years less therapy she will have to go thru because her parents screwed up) but it still freaked her out. We had a snake in the garage a couple months ago and Kendall walked right next to it. It was especially scary because Kendall started screaming and when ArJay handed him to me while he went to do battle with the snake, I came to the unfortunate realization that Kendall had just eaten red jello. Yeah go ahead and try to see if your kid is covered in blood or jello residue and don't freak out a little.( he was fine, we were extremely lucky)

So anyways, Alianna is really leery of snakes and the whole rest of the day she kept asking if those snakes live here. we assured her it was Brazil which is "farther away than even Disneyland" . Once she determined the 20 foot python would not make it's way into our garage, she became concerned for others. " do lots of people live by it?" "does it attack them or only when they bother it?"

Needless to say, she was a little scared when bedtime rolled around. She wanted ArJay to lay with her. Of course when he laid down, Kendall stood up in his crib and wanted in on that action so ArJay brought him in the bed too. Arjay informed Alianna that she was safe with Kendall because he was the scariest monster we know.:) A little while later we peeked in on them and this is how we found them:

Alianna came into my room at about 2 because Kendall had fallen out of bed and she "couldn't lift his big bum". I set him back in and climbed in with them for a minute. Bryson woke up crying to be feed so I got up to go. Alianna was almost asleep but flipped that I was leaving. I said sorry I have to feed Bryson and went to kiss Kendall.  Sweet boy that he is, he saw Alianna in distress and said " no momma, no kiss Kendall, kiss Sizzer". So I kissed Sister first, then he reached out and held her hand and they went back to sleep. The next morning Kendall came in and proudly proclaimed with both fists pumping " I a big boy!!"

NOt only is he sister's protector, he's mine too. Yesterday we all were running around the house chasing each other. ArJay "caught" me and had a blow up toy or something and was gently tapping my leg and bum with it( we were all just having fun and I was laughing mind you). Kendall came tearing in and yells" NO DADDY! NO get MOMMA!"while holding his hand out to stop him. So of course Arjay kept "getting" me. Kendall, becoming stressed, steps in between us and says " no daddy! no get momma get Kendall!" and he turns so that his bum is to ArJay. He wanted ArJay to hit him instead. It was seriously the sweetest thing, my own little knight in shining armor to the rescue.


No comments:

Post a Comment