Friday, July 12, 2013

our Family of five... 2 weeks later

Well, we have made it two weeks, and ArJay started back to work today. I think we will survive.

Bryson:

First bath: July 5th one week old

Oh man, if all my babies were this good, I would have 10! He is the most content little snuggle bug. He goes to bed at 9 then wakes up at 1 am and 5 am to eat, then right back to sleep. HE wakes up at 6:30-7 am but I'm sure that's only because this happens:


He is such a snuggly baby, my other two were super active even as newborns. But this little guy tucks his little legs into you and burrows in for the long haul. I admit, I was quite nervous about the 3rd baby, I heard lots of horror stories right before he was born. Then again, Arjay just went back to work today so I might be singing a different tune now that I am going solo. Ask me again next week.


Kendall:



This little stinker still knows just how cute hi is and uses it to his advantage. Just last night he curled up into me and said" just wanna hold you mama". Besides being a little more emotianal ( this is code for a coupole ridiculous drama queen-esque tantrums for no good reason for those of you without toddlers at home) he has adjusted











well to a baby brother. He is very intrigued by "baby brother Bryson" as he calls him and especially his "snake" ( that's an umbilical cord for those of you who don't speak Kendall)


He has recently become quite the little parrot repeating EVERYTHING we say in that cute little toddler voice of his. We joke that he could get a job as a parrot to any pirates who are missing their birds. A couple of days ago, Arjay's dad was changing clothes and Kendall kept telling him in a stern voice" Popa get your shirt together"...except he didn't enunciate the R in "shirt" .  Re-read that again in your head without the r and you will see why this little guy constantly has us in stitches.


Alianna:


This little girl is the perfect big sister, super helpful. I feel bad for her sometimes. I'm sure there's only so many times I can tell her " I can't play with you til I finish feeding Bryson" or " can you get me a diaper/wipes/ shirt?" or "can you throw away this diaper?" before it gets real old for her. She's so stinking smart and I wish she could go to school this year, but she doesn't turn 5 until November. Luckily I posted about the dilemma on facebook ( what did we ever do before facebook?) and this sweet lady in our ward that the Gamble's have know for like 15 years stopped me on Sunday and said she does a home school at her house which is literally a 5 minute walk from our house. SCORE! She does the Vail school schedule so she starts on Monday and will go Monday Tuesday and Wednesday fro 8-11:15am. Alianna and I, being the only girls in our house, decided starting school necessitates a shopping trip. So we took Bryson to his newborn screening and hit up Kohl's. They were having a monster summer clearance, jeans were $5, shirts were $3-5. WE scored big time.

Look at that haul!

Then, as any good girl shopping trip ends, we went to lunch and the shoe store. Yesterday was ArJay's last day off so he had a father daughter date with her and they went to see Despicable ME 2 and got frozen yogurt at one of those places were you pick your own toppings. This is what happens when daddy helps pick toppings.






ME: I am doing much better than I expected. It's probably because I'm getting more sleep now then I did at the end of my pregnancy.;) Also, I've been spoiled with ArJay getting two weeks off this time.  But mainly I think it's because I've found the best weight loss secret... have a baby. My bishop teased me on sunday at how much thinner I looked and I said" yeah I lost 20 lbs this week". I'ms sure when I actually start running again, I will REALLY notice those 15 lbs still to go, but right now, it's just nice not to waddle everywhere. Funny side note, I noticed I was wearing the same outfit today as the day I went to the hospital, one of these things is not like the other....

39 weeks 5 days

 1 and 1/2 weeks after birth
ArJay:

ArJay is loving that Bryson actually looks like him. He jokes that he can be sure that at least this one is his.  But honestly, he has been so incredible this time. He asked me when I was saying thank you for being so helpful " was I not before?" I told him that he was always helpful, but he is just more intuitive and supportive this time. He gets it more now then he did when we were young and  naive with our first baby and even with the second. Right after I had Bryson and my legs were still mostly numb, he helped the nurse get me in the bathroom for the first time and sat and made sure I didn't fall in( because let's be honest, I would totally do something like that) and basically carried me back to the bed after. That's true love right there! He would have been totally grossed out the first time with all the blood and gore but he was just sweet and concerned about me this time.

I will end with our 4th of July activities. My mom and dad came out with $40 worth of fireworks and sparklers because there's no restriction out here in Vail. Yes that did go as badly as you'd expect with a 2 and 4 year old. Kendall was a menace. This first video, Kendall literally put a still lit sparkler on his arm.

He also chased Alianna with a sparkler and was swinging it around saying" It's an ADVENTURE!!" We learned to give him a wide berth.

OH and he lit the grass on fire that is coming up between the cracks in the patio. Classic.
So here's to the first 2 weeks, if the house doesn't burn down today, we might just survive!

1 comment:

  1. You look super amazing!! I LOVE reading about you and the little ones! Archie burned himself with a sparkler this year too.

    ReplyDelete