Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Alianna's first day of School

How did I get from this:
Alianna 4 days old
 to this:


First day of School July 15, 2013
Alianna started school today. She is doing a homeschool at Sister Broderick's house. I don't really know what to classify it as. It is technically kindergarten, but her birthday is November, so when we move to Benson or Sierra Vista or who-knows-where next year, she will have to do kindergarten again. Maybe we'll call it Pre-K? What ever it is, I'm not ready for it.

It wouldn't be our life if we didn't have a funny story....The kids "slept in" to 7 am. I ran around like a mad woman for the next hour. I was bound and determined to be on time for 8 am school start, especially since it is 4 minutes away. So I feed the kiddos, nursed Bryson, fixed a snack and even fixed Alianna's hair and we were out the door right on time. We pull up to her house and there were no other cars. We knocked anyways, thinking maybe everyone is early and we shouldn't show up right on time. There is no answer for a few minutes and I'm just about to leave and make sure I have the right address when Kristi comes and peeks out the door.  She says she's not even fully dressed because we don't start until 8:30. She invites us in, but I sheepishly mutter something about how we'll be back in half an hour and I'm soo sorry.  Well done Maggie. Great way to start the year. I'm going to blame it on" new baby mommy brain damage". I told ArJay this as he laughed at me when we came back. He asked if that'a a real medical condition. I think it should be. In fact, I'm going to put it in wikipedia and then the world will see the truth. ArJay also asked if this was like pregnancy and you can use it to explain any problems that arise. Now he's getting it....

Alianna loved school. The first thing she asked as we got in the car was when she can come back to school. She then informed me that " in this school they don't play, not like in my last one where we had lots of play time. We just learn here." She also proceeded to tell me exactly how they can earn brownie points, what treasure box is, and who got which folder.  These are the important things in life folks. 

This little guy




had a lot of fun with just Mom and dad to himself.  But he sure missed his "sizzer" and attacked her as soon as she came in the door
you were gone FOREVER!!
 I think school will be great for them. They have been bothering each other quite a bit lately but really they are best friends.

Best Friends

I think time away to do their own things will help them remember how much they love each other. After school yesterday, they played their new favorite game "babysit my baby".
I think I should be concerned that Alianna thinks this is what Mommies look like

Cracks me up! Kendall even buckles himself in the bouncer and does exactly what his "sizzer" tells him. I told her to enjoy it, that won't last long.

All in all, I'd say school was a success and am so proud of our smart little girl. I just wish she'd stay my little girl longer...

1 comment:

  1. In high school, I showed up to a party a whole day early. My parents even dropped me off as they answered the door and everything. My friend and her mom were nice and let me in. We sat on the couch chatting. After a while I asked if anyone else was coming... that's when I learned the embarrassing fact that the party wasn't until the next day.

    ReplyDelete