Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Disney on Ice

I found cheap tickets for Disney on Ice and thought it would be a fun surprise for the kids during fall break. They all ended up super sick so it was the only fun  thing we ended up doing and Alianna acted like that was all she was living for while sick with an ear infection. You would have thought she had the plague. She even prayed that she would get better " just so I can see the surprise". Luckily no one was seriously maimed by ear infections and we headed over to my parents Thursday night to pick them up and head over. Having never gone to Disney on Ice before, I was slightly nervous that we had hyped up the "fun  surprise" too much and they would be disappointed. I shouldn't have worried as Disney delivered again.

I had looked up some blogs about what to bring  and expect and was glad I did. The best suggestions I got were to have the kids dressed up with warm clothes underneath and bring our own glow stuff. Since we have enough dress up clothes to clothe a small country, I just randomly grabbed Snow White and Buzz Lightyear. The only problem was that Snow White did not make an appearance in this production and Alianna kept asking when she was coming. Note to self: next time bring a princess who actually performs.

I was also extremely grateful I hit up the dollar store for glow stuff and some cute little fake necklace and figurines. The prices there were obscene. The spinning light up thing was $25. My parents were there so of course we ended up with one souvenir, but I convinced them to go for the sno cone cups so they could have a treat a take something home. It was a real steal at $12 a pop. Yikes.

But the show itself was amazing. Alianna's face was pure joy the whole time. I think she actually squealed when Rapunzel popped out of the box.She says her favorite parts were Minnie, Ariel, Rapunzel, and Merida. SO...pretty much everything except Belle.

Kendall loved the horse in the Rapunzel scene and asked LOUDLY and repeatedly where the horse was during the beautiful couples dance skate. Apparently, he's not one for Romance. But his favorite part was the Beast. He had his glow sword and kept standing up and brandishing it while yelling " I Sword you! I sword you!"

I didn't get any shots during the actual performance because I was enjoying watching the kids so much. As soon as it was over Alianna asked " Can we come to this again tomorrow?" I'd call that a win.
Loving the glow sword

Concentrating on vanquishing evil

couldn't even look away from the ice for a picture when nothing was happening

She's holding up her little figurine, she didn't let go of it all night

1 comment:

  1. NEVER miss Disney on Ice!! Can't beat it! And from your pic, it looks like you guys were right above us! We bought tickets about 3 months before the show, so we were super close. Next time let's get seats together!

    ReplyDelete